Guns kill American children – level 2
Guns are the main cause of death for American children. Since 2017, more children died because of them than other causes.
In the past, most children died in car accidents, but this isn’t true anymore. Experts say that it’s because the roads are safer. Gun violence is a big problem in the US. 15 times more children die from guns in the US than in 31 other rich countries. A study found that 9 million children lived in an area where gun violence happened. The study also found that the situation was more serious for Black children than for white children.
Some children die from guns when they ride their bike or walk in the street. Sometimes the gunshot is an accident, but it can be from suicide or family problems, too.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.