Hackers steal money – level 3
Technology companies suspect North Korean hackers committed a $100 million robbery on a California blockchain company called Harmony.
It confirmed that they hacked some of its software that uses cryptocurrency to move across different blockchains.
A blockchain security company called Elliptic Enterprises tracks stolen cryptocurrency. They said that the hackers are the Lazarus Group, and they stole user name and password credentials for Harmony employees to break into the platform.
The Lazarus Group has an unknown number of individuals led by North Korea, and experts believe that the government supports by the group.
North Korean hackers are increasingly sophisticated. In 2021, they stole an estimated $400 million, mostly in Ether; however, the total for 2022 has already passed that number. The group’s biggest hack happened in 2014 when the group attacked Sony Pictures Entertainment, and they cost caused $15 million in damages.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.