Hangover-Fighting Ice-Cream – level 1
A supermarket in South Korea sells a new product. It is a special type of ice-cream. It can help you with a hangover. Eat this ice-cream. It can make you feel better.
A man tries the ice-cream. He likes it. He likes the grapefruit flavour.
Drinking alcohol is popular in South Korea. It is a big business there. People often drink with other people from work.
Hangover cures are big business too. The cures make 86 million pounds a year. You can buy anti-hangover pills, drinks, soup, cosmetics and now ice-cream.
Difficult words: hangover (when your body hurts after drinking a lot of alcohol), flavour (the taste), cure (something which makes you feel better).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos