Hangover-Fighting Ice-Cream – level 2
A supermarket in South Korea started to sell a hangover-fighting ice-cream. It is the first ice-cream of this type.
While there are pills, drinks, soup and even cosmetics in South Korea that can fight the after-effects of alcohol consumption, the ice lolly is becoming popular.
One man said that he likes the grapefruit flavour. Unlike many hangover cure drinks, he says it does not taste of medicine.
Drinking, often in groups of co-workers, is big business in South Korea and so are hangover cures, which generate around 86 million pounds a year.
Difficult words: hangover (when you have a headache and your body hurts after drinking a lot of alcohol), ice lolly (a piece of ice cream on a stick), cure (something which makes you feel better).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.