Harry Potter’s back – level 2
Harry Potter is back with a new story. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child will be in bookstores in the UK and USA on the 31st of July.
However, this book won’t be like the rest of the Harry Potter books. This one is a play. The book happens 19 years after the events of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” and shows Harry Potter as an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic and a father of three children.
J.K. Rowling’s series has sold more than 450 million copies worldwide in 79 languages. The eight movies grossed more than 7 billion dollars.
Difficult words: cursed (under a curse – evil magic), gross (to make in total).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a Harry Potter fan?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos