Harry Potter’s back – level 3
Grab your scarves, cloaks and wands – Harry Potter’s back and bound in book form. “The Cursed Child” will be released in book stores across the UK and USA on the 31st of July which is both Harry and author J.K. Rowling’s birthday.
But this won’t be like the rest of the books in your collection, as this story is a play. It’s due to open on London’s West End the day before the release of the scripts which is being billed as a special rehearsal addition, meaning it may be different to what the audience see.
Later editions will be changed to reflect the final play which is set 19 years after the events of 2007’s “The Deathly Hallows” when Harry defeated his nemesis Lord Voldemort. “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” shows the hero as an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic and a father of three children who is grappling with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs.
J.K. Rowling’s series has sold more than 450 million copies worldwide in 79 languages, while the eight movies have grossed more than 7 billion dollars.
Later this year a prequel film called “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” written by Rowling will be released for Potter fans. 2016’s turning into a truly magical year.
Difficult words: wand (a thin piece of wood for doing magic), cursed (under a curse – evil magic), be due (be planned to happen), bill (advertise as, describe as), nemesis (enemy), grapple (fight), gross (produce), prequel (a film/book with a story which happens before an existing film/book).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.