Health Care Changes – level 2
President Donald Trump signed an executive order that gives more openness and honesty on health care costs. The order says that health companies in the USA must tell their patients how much they are going to pay.
The hope is that this will lower medical costs when patients know the prices upfront. They can go to different places to get the best prices.
However, it is not clear how the government will enforce this order and if it will actually lower prices. Health companies are arguing against these changes.
Difficult words: executive order (when the president tells the government to make laws for certain reasons), upfront (ahead of time), enforce (to make something happen).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos