Hedgehog Café in Tokyo – level 1
This news is from Tokyo. People have animal cafés there. They have cat, rabbit, owl, snake, and even hedgehog cafés. One hedgehog café is called “Harry”. This is a play on words. “Hari” means “needle” in Japanese.
In the café, there are 30 hedgehogs. Every hedgehog is of a different kind. You can play with them. One hour costs 9 dollars.
Difficult words: hedgehog (a small animal that has spikes—needles—on its back), needle (a very thin piece of metal with a point at one end), kind (a type).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this café?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos