Helicopter Crash in Japan – level 2
A Japanese military helicopter crashed in south-western Japan. It ripped off the top floor of a house and set it on fire.
The Japanese Defence Ministry said that it does not know if anyone died. The Japanese media said that there were two people in the helicopter when it crashed.
Difficult words: military (the people who fight for a country), rip off (destroy with a lot of force), Defence Ministry (the organisation that works with the people who defend and fight for a country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos