Helicopter Crashes into Water – level 3
Someone captured on camera the moment that a helicopter crashed into the water near a superyacht in a Norwegian harbour. Three British citizens onboard were injured.
The United Kingdom Foreign Office said that the crash occurred after a botched landing on the yacht. People suggested that the accident happened when a tarpaulin got stuck in the helicopter’s rotors. British safety investigators are assisting their Norwegian counterparts.
Difficult words: botched (carried out badly), tarpaulin (a heavy-duty waterproof cloth).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos