Help for blind people – level 1
Some people are blind. Blind people can’t see well or at all. They can’t cross the street easily. They don’t hear bikes and electric cars.
Mael Fabien watches these people. He wants to help them. He thinks that robots can help.
Fabien gets an idea. He thinks about autonomous cars and how they work. Autonomous cars drive without a driver. The cars see obstacles.
Fabien and other people make a special device. A person wears it around his neck. The device checks if obstacles are there. The device makes a noise to show the obstacles. A blind person knows where the things are.
People can buy the device in September 2022. It’ll cost $3,150.
Difficult words: robot (a machine which can do some work for people), device (a special machine), obstacle (a thing which is in the way).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos