Hidden Van Gogh painting – level 3
At the National Galleries of Scotland, art experts found a new Van Gogh artwork inside of one of his paintings called “Head of a Peasant Woman”.
During a technical examination, They x-rayed it to find information and earlier compositions of the painting. Instead, they discovered another painting on the backside which someone had covered in cardboard; they believe someone added the cardboard before an art exhibition in the early 1900s.
The painting is a self-portrait, and the experts believe Van Gogh painted it after he moved to Paris and learned about French impressionism. They want to restore the art piece and keep “Head of a Peasant Woman”, so they can display both art pieces.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.