Hillary Clinton’s Future – level 3
Hillary Clinton, who narrowly lost the White House to Trump, said that she will not be running for president again in the 2020 elections.
However, she said that she would go on working, speaking and standing up for what she believes. She said that she is troubled by things which are happening in the USA. One example is the extreme polarisation of the American public which led to two ‘opposing camps’.
She said she is thrilled by the dynamic women who the people elected to Congress and who are already making their mark.
Difficult words: polarisation (polarise – divide/turn into two groups with different opinions), thrilled (excited, happy), make one’s mark (be successful).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos