Hindu Festival of Holi – level 1
Holi is a Hindu festival. People celebrate it every year. It happens on the last day of the full moon.
Holi is a symbol that good wins over evil. It is also the time when winter ends. To celebrate, people throw colourful powders. Women also throw sticks at me.
Everybody comes to the festival. It brings people together.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.