Hindu Festival of Holi – level 2
People celebrate the Hindu festival of Holi every year on the last day of the full moon to symbolise the victory of good over evil and to mark the end of winter.
To celebrate the festival, people throw colourful powders, and women also throw sticks at men or beat them!
People from different communities celebrate the festival. It brings them together.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.