Hindu Festival of Holi – level 3
On the last day of the full moon, people celebrate the Hindu festival of Holi every year. People say that it signifies the victory of good over evil, and it marks the end of winter.
To mark the festival, people throw colourful powders, and women hurl sticks at men and beat them.
People from different communities and castes celebrate the festival and come together to strengthen their bonds.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.