Hobbies Are Great – level 3
According to the magazine ‘Psychology Today’, a hobby is important for people for many reasons. Firstly, a hobby structures your time because you have to make time for the hobby.
Secondly, the hobby rejuvenates you when you lose yourself in focusing on the activity. Thirdly, it relieves stress from your daily life. Fourthly, you are more social as you meet people who do the same hobby, and you also become more interesting if you do more activities.
The sixth reason is the hobby’s effects on the brain. Your brain gets efficient as you do your hobby or learn new skills. The new skill turns on the brain’s neurons to make more connections, and thus you learn quicker and slow down ageing. You also increase the material in the brain that keeps it working well.
Having a hobby can change your life in many ways!
Difficult words: rejuvenate (make you seem younger, give you energy), lose yourself (when you focus only on what you are doing; you do not notice time passing), neurons (the connections in the brain that send signals to make the brain work).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.