Holes in Swiss Cheese – level 1
Do you like Swiss cheese? Do you know why there are holes in it? It is not because of hungry mice. It is because of hay. A little bit of hay gets into milk. When the milk turns into cheese, the hay makes the holes.
In the past, the holes in cheese were bigger. More hay got into the milk, then. Today, milk is much cleaner.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Interesting, isn’t it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.