Holi Festival – level 3
Holi is a popular ancient Hindu festival, also known as the Festival of Colors and it celebrates the arrival of spring, the end of winter, and the blossoming of love.
For many people, it’s a festive day to meet others, play and laugh, forget and forgive, and repair broken relationships.
Holi lasts for a night and a day, starting on the evening of the full moon falling in the Hindu calendar month of Phalguna, which falls around the middle of March. Normally, millions of people throw colored powder at each other at outdoor celebrations. After a day of play with colors, people clean up, sober up, and dress up in the evening and they greet friends and relatives by visiting them and exchanging sweets.
However, for the second consecutive year, citizens were encouraged to stay at home amid an alarming surge of COVID-19 cases. India’s confirmed infections exceeded 60,000 daily over the past week, and the virus has so far claimed nearly 162,000 lives in the country.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.