Hologram of a President Candidate – level 1
A candidate for the president in France surprises his supporters. He meets them in the form of a hologram.
Thousands of people in Paris see the candidate at a meeting. He is not actually there. It is only a hologram.
At the same time, he speaks live in Lyon. He meets his supporters in two cities at the same time.
His supporters think that the hologram is very interesting. It looks so real. Some say that they forget that he is not there.
One of the supporters says that at the start it is very exciting. Then he forgets that there is only a hologram. It works very well.
Difficult words: surprise (shock a little), supporter (a fan), hologram (an image that looks like a real thing).
You can watch the video news in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.