Hologram of a President Candidate – level 2
A candidate for the president in France surprised his supporters. He appeared in front of them in the form of a hologram.
The candidate appeared by projection before thousands of his supporters in Paris. At the same time, he was also speaking live from Lyon over 450 kilometers away. In this way, he was able to meet his supporters in two cities simultaneously.
His supporters said that the hologram was very interesting. It was very realistic. Some people said that they forgot that he was not actually there. One of the supporters said that at the start, it was very exciting. Then he practically forgot that there was a hologram. It worked very well.
Difficult words: appear (show up in front of somebody), hologram (a 3D image made with a laser), simultaneously (at the same time).
You can watch the video news in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.