Home School Tips – level 3
As schools around the world are closed, millions of parents now find themselves playing the role of a substitute teacher.
For some parents, it may be hard to accept that their children are not at the same pace as they were before the coronavirus pandemic. Experts say that it is important to accept that a student is never truly falling behind and that he is just moving at his own pace. Parents are advised to give their children a bit of grace.
It is not necessary to sit down and do some math problems; instead, parents can make learning more enjoyable. For example, they can practice conversions while baking or talking about area and perimeter of their dining table or their bedroom.
Constant communication with the teacher is essential too, and now, it is even more essential than before.
Difficult words: fall behind (to fail to do something fast enough or on time), grace (a polite and thoughtful way of behaving), conversion (to change one type of numbers to another type of numbers, such as ounces to liters or pounds to kilograms), perimeter (the distance around the outer edge of a flat shape).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.