Homelessness in France – level 2
Homelessness in France is getting worse. In 2001, there were around 93,000 homeless people, and in 2012, there were more than 141,000. A French charity also says that at least one person dies every day there because he or she is homeless.
The United Nations says that the French government is not doing enough to lower the homelessness. The organisation says that there is not enough affordable housing and social housing. Forced evictions are also a problem.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.