Homemade 1963 Batmobile – level 3
It’s cool, it’s classy and it’s just sold for 137,000 dollars. Yes, it could only be the original Batmobile.
The car was sold at auction over the weekend and it’s the first time the 1963 Batmobile was up for sale in decades.
A massive fan of the DC comics superhero spent three years customising a 1956 Oldsmobile 88 to resemble the car that Batman used in the comics from 1940’s to the 1950’s.
Forrest Robinson who made the comic car a reality completed his Batmobile in 1963 and it became so popular that DC Comics leased the car from him.
But he’s not the only one to give it a go. George Barris created a car for the TV series in the 1960’s, and that one sold for massive 4.2 million dollars at auction last year.
Difficult words: classy (stylish), just (now), massive (big), superhero (hero with some kind of super power or super tools).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.