Hong Kong needs tourists – level 1
In 2019, almost 56 million people visit Hong Kong. Then the Coronavirus starts. Hong Kong has very serious COVID rules. The city is in isolation for three years.
Last year, only 605,000 visitors come to Hong Kong. This situation is bad for business. Hong Kong needs tourists and companies to come back.
Officials say that the city will give away 500,000 air tickets. People can win the tickets. Or if they buy one ticket, they can get one for free. The city will also host many events. Some are a rugby match and a race.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think that the city will be able to bring back tourists and companies?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.