Horse in a tweed suit – level 1
There is a festival in England. Jockeys and horses dress for this festival. One jockey chooses tweed. He and his horse go in tweed suits.
A team of people make the horse’s suit. It takes them four weeks. They use 18 metres of tweed. That is ten times more than a human suit.
Difficult words: jockey (a person who rides in horse races), tweed (a woollen cloth).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to dress up your pet to match what you wear?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.