Horse vs Human – level 2
Dwain Chambers is a 38-year-old sprinter. He is one of the fastest European sprinters, but can he beat a racehorse?
Dwain Chambers and a racehorse raced 100 metres at a racecourse in England. The human started running immediately while the horse took a while to get moving. However, the horse soon got close behind Chambers.
In the end, two legs were faster than four on the 100-metre course. The sprinter won in a time of 10.36 seconds.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.