Hot air balloon flies underground – level 1
A man from Austria does something exciting. He is in Croatia. There is a deep cave there. He flies into the cave with a hot air balloon. This is the first hot air balloon flight underground. The flight takes around 25 minutes.
Difficult words: exciting (something that makes you feel good or is really interesting), cave (space in the ground), flight (the action of flying).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to try this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.