Hot air balloon flies underground – level 2
A seventy-year-old Austrian adventurer landed a hot air balloon in a cave 200 metres deep. He was the first man to fly a hot air balloon underground. The flight took about 25 minutes.
The old man’s mission comes exactly ten years after a fellow Austrian jumped down the cave with a parachute.
Difficult words: adventurer (person who enjoys adventure), fellow (somebody from the same country).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to try this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.