Hot Air Balloon in Australia – level 3
A hot air balloon with 9 people on board ran low on fuel and it was not able to land properly in the Australian State of Victoria. The pilot said that the wind did not behave the way that people had forecasted, either.
Instead of landing, the hot air balloon drifted over the bay. There were fears of ditching into the ocean but a passing boat saw it and moved towards the balloon. The pilot was then able to safely offload the passengers. They had to go one by one because as soon as someone jumped out, the balloon started taking off again.
People praised the pilot for his actions and for remaining calm.
Difficult words: forecast (to tell how the weather is going to be), drift (to be carried slowly by air), ditch (to make a forced landing on water), praise (to say that somebody did something well).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos