Hot Years – level 2
Scientists measure the Earth´s temperature every day, and in many places, the temperature is growing.
This year, every month was the hottest or the second hottest month in history. Scientists say that there is a big chance that 2020 will be the hottest year in history.
The most worrying changes are happening in Northern Asia. The average temperature is 6.3 degrees Fahrenheit higher than usual. Scientists expect that the hot weather will continue in summer, too, and it is clear that 2020 will be among the five hottest years in history.
2016 was the hottest year in history, and 2019 was the second hottest year since 1880, which was the year when scientists started to measure the temperature.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.