House on Mars – level 2
In London, people made a model of a Martian house at the Royal Observatory of Greenwich. People designed the house to be situated in Valles Marineris, which is a system of canyons that runs along the equator of Mars.
The Martian atmosphere is about 100% humid on most nights, so the house will pull out the water from it. The house will provide oxygen for people as well. People on Mars will have 3D printers, which can make almost everything that they would need, from tools to plates and toothbrushes.
This all may sound like science fiction, but a million people could be living on Mars by the mid-2060s, according to Elon Musk.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.