How to mine Bitcoin – level 3
Bitcoin is a digital currency without a central bank or one administrator. Bitcoin can be sent from user to user via the Internet. Transactions are verified by miners who get bitcoin as a reward for the mining.
There will be only 21 million bitcoins, and there will never be more. The price of bitcoin goes up over time but its value can be very volatile at times. It can go up very quickly, but it can go down even faster.
When bitcoin was invented in 2008 by Satoshi Nakamoto, everybody could mine bitcoin. All you needed was a computer and special software.
If you want to mine bitcoins today, you need more than just one computer. You need many of them. That’s why people create networks of computers to mine bitcoin. Such networks are called mining farms. These farms need a lot of electricity and a good cooling system.
One such farm was built is Russia where low temperatures help to cool the system. This big farm can mine up to six bitcoins a day on average.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.