Huawei in Russia – level 3
Countries around the world are working to launch 5G networks, and China’s Huawei is one of the few companies that makes 5G-compatible equipment.
The US government blacklisted Huawei as a threat to national security, but the Russian government made a deal with the company to develop the new network in its country. Chinese President Xi Jinping finalised the deal when he visited Russia – it was one of many struck agreements, which are worth over $20 billion in total.
Difficult words: launch (build, start), blacklist (ban, put an embargo on), strike–struck (achieve, successfully come to).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos