Huawei towers in Europe – level 1
Countries in Europe want to make a change. They want to change 5G mobile equipment. This equipment is on towers. This equipment is from Huawei. The change starts in England, France, and Sweden.
These countries make the change because the United States says that Huawei technology is a risk. It is a risk to national security. Huawei says that isn’t true.
This change is very expensive. Hull is the first British city where the change starts. People want to use equipment from Nokia instead.
Difficult words: 5G (a better service for internet and cell phones), equipment (things which you need for some activity), risk (a danger), national security (protection against danger for a whole country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos