Huawei towers in Europe – level 2
The process of exchanging 5G mobile equipment started for thousands of towers across Europe.
Countries like the UK, France, and Sweden are doing this work because the United States said that China’s Huawei technology was a risk to national security. Huawei said strongly and repeatedly that it wasn’t true.
This change will cost millions of dollars and many years to complete.
Hull is the first British city in which the Huawei ban is becoming a reality. Workers are cutting out the Chinese business’ equipment there by July. They will substitute it with parts from Nokia.
Difficult words: exchange (to change something for something), equipment (things which you need for some activity), ban (an official rule that says that something is not possible).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos