Human mattress dominoes chain – level 3
An appliance and electronics company in America has set a new world record for the largest human mattress dominoes chain ever!
1,200 individuals toppled over one after the other in a warehouse in Maryland. The full line took 13 minutes and 38 seconds to get from the beginning to the end, and was held inside the 70,000-square-feet (6,500 square metres) Gaylord National Resort and Conference Centre.
The mattresses will now be donated to local charities aimed at combating homelessness and poverty.
Difficult words: appliance (a machine), topple (to fall), donate (to give something for free), aim at (to plan to do something), combat (to fight).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.