Hungary weddings – level 2
Prime Minister Viktor Orban’s family support caused a boom in weddings in recent years. But now, the situation on the wedding market in Hungary is changing.
With 16.4%, Hungary had the highest inflation in the EU, which caused prices of many things to go up dramatically. Many couples said that they exceeded the wedding budget several times, and often they had to look for cheaper things than they wanted to have.
Also, the number of guests at a wedding went down. Twenty years ago, it was usual to have 100 to 120 guests at a wedding, but these days, the average wedding has 60 guests.
Difficult words: boom (the time when something is popular), inflation (the price of money), budget (the amount of money a person can spend on something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
How has the average cost of a wedding in Hungary changed over the past two decades?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos