Hurricane Michael – level 2
Hurricane Michael is the strongest hurricane to hit the USA since 1992, and it has killed at least 17 people.
Michael wreaked havoc across the south-eastern states of America. It completely destroyed one town in Florida, and left only a few buildings standing. The winds reached speeds of up to 250 kilometres per hour.
Difficult words: wreak havoc (destroy everything).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.