Hurricane Michael – level 3
Hurricane Michael is the strongest hurricane to make landfall in the continental US since 1992, and it has killed at least 17 people.
Michael wreaked havoc across the south-eastern states of America, completely reducing one town in Florida to rubble.
It left only a few buildings standing after the 250 kilometre-per-hour winds hit the coastal town of 1,072 residents.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.