Husband and wife are together again – level 1
Gordon and Mary Davis are British. They are both 89 years old. They are married for 68 years. Mary lives at home before the coronavirus. Her husband is ill. He must live in a care home.
Gordon needs to go to hospital. Mary starts to live in a care home, too. It is not the same care home where Gordon lives. It is a care home in Mansfield. Mary and Gordon do not see each other for months.
Then a free room is in the care home in Mansfield. People who work there make a surprise. They move Gordon in.
Mary does not know about it. Mary and Gordon see each other again. They cry because they are very happy.
Difficult words: care home (a place where old or ill people live because they cannot live at home anymore), surprise (something very unusual), cry (when your eyes water because you are happy or hurt).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.