Ice Age Bear – level 2
Reindeer herders in Russia found a dead body of an Ice Age bear.
The discovery happened in the far north of the country where the soil is frozen. This soil is called the permafrost. Some years ago, the permafrost started to melt, and since that time, people have found many exciting animals. Mammoths, rhinos, wolves, and cave lions were among them.
The first analysis of the bear shows that the animal lived 22,000 to 39,500 years ago. The animal´s organs, teeth, and nose were not damaged, which made scientists very excited. In the past, scientists could only study the bones of the Ice Age bear.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.