Ice Breaks Under a Car – level 2
Three men drove onto the icy surface of a frozen lake in Northeast China. They drove on the ice until the car’s rear wheels suddenly broke through the ice.
The whole car sank within minutes, but luckily, all three passengers managed to climb out of a window to safety.
Local residents were taking part in the opening ceremony of a local winter fishing festival at the time of the accident. Many of them gathered to watch the accident. Later, people pulled the car out of the water.
Difficult words: rear (back), resident (person who lives somewhere), gather (to come together).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this incident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.