Ice Library in Russia – level 1
In Russia there is the first ice library in the world. It is from blocks of ice. It is not a usual library. People write their hopes and dreams online. Then the organizers at the library cut them into the ice.
The ice library is an interesting idea. It collects dreams and hopes of people from all over the world. There are 1,000 short sentences in different languages. They form a labyrinth.
One of the visitors hopes that everyone in the world is always healthy. This is his dream.
Difficult words: form (make), labyrinth (a place with many ways where people can be lost).
You can watch the video news in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos