Ice Library in Russia – level 3
The world’s first-ever ice library is based in Russia. It is made from blocks of ice. It is no ordinary library. People from across the globe have written their hopes and dreams online and people have cut these into the ice.
The organizer says that the ice library is an interesting idea to understand how dreams can be gathered from all over the world. The ice contains more than 1,000 short phrases in different languages, forming a labyrinth.
One of the visitors says that he hopes that everyone in the world will always have good health. Although not all dreams come true, there are some that do, and this library could be home to some of those hopes and dreams.
Difficult words: ordinary (usual), gather (collect, put together), labyrinth (a large, complex maze).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos