Ice Rink with Dead Fish – level 2
In Japan, a theme park named Space World opened an ice rink that had 5,000 real dead fish inside the ice. Space World said that it wanted to educate visitors about ocean animals. The fish were frozen in formations and designs and there were 25 different types of fish inside the 250-metre long ice rink.
Space World wanted visitors but instead received criticism, as many people condemned the ice rink and boycotted the park. Space World is going to replace the ice and hold a service for the dead fish.
Difficult words: theme park (a park like Disneyland), condemn (say that you do not like something), boycott (when you do not spend money or go to a business), service (a religious event to show respect for something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.