In the middle of a river – level 1
This news is about two children. They are from Russia. They become stranded on a piece of ice. This piece of ice is in a river. People try to save them, but it is not easy. They call a hovercraft. The hovercraft saves the children. They are fine.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What challenges did the people face in trying to save the two children from the piece of ice in the river?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.