Inactive Twitter Accounts – level 2
Twitter had a plan to delete inactive accounts that people did not use in the last six months. The company wanted to present more correct information for the accounts.
However, people did not like this plan. They said that if Twitter deletes the accounts of people who died, they will lose memories of them.
Twitter is thinking about the plan again. and it said that it must find a way to memorialize accounts. The plan concerns only EU accounts because of the EU law. However, in the future, Twitter wants to change its inactive account policy in other parts of the world, too. The idea is to keep the service similar worldwide.
Difficult words: memorialize (to do something to remember a person who died), concern (to be important to someone), policy (a set of ideas of what to do in a situation).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos