India Gas Leak – level 1
A fire starts in a chemical plant in India. Workers make plastics from a gas in this plant. A dangerous gas leaks out.
The leak kills 13 people. Many people cannot breathe. The gas is in the air. People have problems with their skin. Their eyes hurt. People fall down in the street.
Many people must leave the area. Officials take them to a safe place. Officials are afraid. They think that there can be another leak. The temperature at the plant is high. Fire officers stop a fire.
People must not eat food in the streets. Milk and bananas help people feel better. Officials tell people to wear wet clothes and masks.
Difficult words: chemical plant (a building that makes chemicals which is a common thing that many things are made out of), leak out (when a gas or water gets out of a place), temperature (how cold or warm something is).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.