India Gas Leak – level 2
There was a fire in a chemical plant in India. After the fire started, a chemical gas leaked out, and it killed at least 13 people.
Around 1,000 people had problems being able to breathe, and they started to fall down in the street. People also had a rash, and their eyes hurt.
Officials evacuated all people who lived within about 3 miles of the plant. They were afraid that there could be another leak because the temperature at the plant was growing. Authorities advised people to wear wet clothes and masks. They told people not to eat unpacked food. Milk and bananas could help people feel better.
The plant was closed for several weeks because of the coronavirus, and it is ready to open soon.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.